SUNDAY@6 ~ APRIL 19, 2020
PAMPER & PRAYER
TIPS & RECIPES
LAVENDER VANILLA SUGAR SCRUB
Provided by Elder Anne Powell
1 cup of sugar (Use White Sugar, Brown Sugar or Raw/Organic Sugar)
½ cup of oil (Coconut (melted), Olive or Almond Oil work best)
½ Teaspoon Vitamin E oil (nourishes skin and acts as a preservative
½ Teaspoon real vanilla extract
15 drops of lavender essential oil
Food /Icing Coloring (optional)
Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together thoroughly with a spoon. You can add more or less essential oil to your liking
Store in an airtight container (glass container preferred). Since this recipe does not contain any preservatives, it is best if it is used within 2-3 months.
COVID-19 & YOUR HAIR CARE
Provided by Kendra Harris
– Remove or change your head covering just as often as you change your clothes
– Comb your hair daily! (your hair sheds 100 strands a day)
– If you must Shampoo your hair, use a Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner.
– Get some Sun! (treat your skin and hair with Vitamin D, they both need it daily)
– Oil your scalp, Moisturize your hair (use oil for scalp, cream for hair)
– Use Silk Scarves and Pillow cases (cotton and other fabrics will DRY out your hair and cause breakage)
– DRINK WATER!! (Water is the internal moisturizer for our entire bodies! Skin & Hair included)
Provided by Nika Peterson
Here are herbs to keep an eye out for when shopping for relaxing teas!
– Reduces stress, Anxiety, and insomnia. It aids in relaxing the muscles and reducing irritability.
– Soothes symptoms of stress and is a mood booster. Can increase sense of calmness and reduce feelings of alertness.
– Can reduce anxiety, boost mood, and improve concentration and memory.
– Relieves tension headaches and migraines. The aroma of peppermint tea may help relax muscles.
– Is a proven anxiety reliever. It helps the nervous system by reducing agitation, anger, aggression, and restlessness.
– Is used to treat anxiety, lowers brain activity which may help you relax and sleep better.
DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!!!!!
Women should drink at least 11.5 cups of water daily = 2.7 liters.